Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog 25

Write a detailed description of your “motivations” for your final self-proposed project. Why are you interested in this subject? What do you want to convey? How do you want viewers to respond? Why are you inspired to make these images/this project? Do you want to evoke emotions in viewers? Shock viewers? Make them laugh? Make them think? Inform them? Reveal something about how you see the world? Reveal something about yourself, a person, a place, a feeling, a memory, a moment in time? 

My motivation for my project is my dad. He owns his own bicycle shop and sells many different types of bikes. I worked there when I was younger ringing up the cash register or putting inventory on shelves. His shop has been a big part of my life. For my final project I wanted to show in an abstract way different parts of bikes. I didn't really know how to display these parts without them looking plain. The idea of placing the parts in places where they are not normally found can show how nothing in my mind needs to be perfect or in the right place. What I would like to do is be able to show my family and have them be able to appreciate the photos. I don't want them to be normal. I want them to look at them and think they're interesting and not how someone would normally see bike parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment