Sunday, November 14, 2010

Assignment 4-Part 2

Birthday Snapshot

Others interpreted this at a perfect snapshot. They said if anything else was in the image it would be a bad picture. The way he’s holding his jacket makes a good shape in the image and makes it somewhere for the eye to be drawn to. The way the person is standing also fits the actual actor in the movie. Basically everything is working in this picture according to my group. This could definitely be a starting off point for other pictures in the movie and mocking other movies as well.

Under Armour Ad

Everyone interpreted the image as I wanted, an ad for Under Armour. It has good lighting, but could be better. They thought if I put a brighter light on the right side the shadow would disappear. The shadow is kind of what I was going for, but I could experiment with it and see how I could change it a little bit. One comment they said was about the fact that anyone can where a shirt but this image shows something different ad they thought it was composed very well. A jumping off point for this could be a series of different ads for mens’ clothing. I could work with different types of clothing, crazy and proper.

Passport Photo

They knew that this picture was a passport photo but said it was strange. I did have to explain to them that it was mocking passport pictures. They said I should fix the lighting. When shooting this photo I didn’t really use any particular kind of lighting. I thought the natural light was ok I tried to brighten it up on screen but it printed darker then I wanted. They also said she might want to wear another shirt because you can’t really tell the separation of her hair and the shirt. I definitely agree with that. A jumping off point for this picture might be put her in a bunch of different backgrounds doing the same face and see if the face changes effect with each background.

Credit Card

This way the angle is looks like it was slid across a surface as to be paying for something. It may be too blurred in the middle, but I think it works with the ebay effect that I’m portraying. Pictures on ebay are not professional and could be shot in any way. A jumping off point for this photo could be other cards with the focus in the middle. I like the fact that it’s blurred and when other cards would in the photos too or have a set of them together, I think it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment