Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Assingnment 5




Christmas Tree

The framing of this photograph was determined by another picture. There are certain cards that are supposed to be humorous by showing nudity. I tried to show that this person was in a normal setting and show that he was a distraction to the rest of the photograph. The contrast between the back of the guy and the dark tree creates a good break in the picture and lets your eyes wonder throughout the image. When looking at the image the concept could be about a guy being a “present” under the tree or could show him waiting for someone to find him by the tree. I wanted to portray a card like that. He’s standing against the blind almost looking like he’s waiting. To create this image I tried to make the background look home like and show the guy looking out of place. I think I portrayed that very well. I had the light almost look like a snapshot. The way the light hits his back shows he the main subject in the image.

Looking for Love: Comic strip

The lighting in this image was not how I really wanted it to be. It was getting dark but I when I used the flash it look weird also. I tried messing with the brightness and exposure in Camera Raw. I think I could work with it a bit more. I wanted to make this series of images look as if the girl is looking for a way to get to her lover up on the wall but when she finally gets there he turns to stone. To create this image I went around Grand Rapids and tried to find a good background to tell this story. There were no lights around so it was tough getting the right shot. My goal was to capture the emotion of the girl trying to get to this person. I wish I was able to get closer to her, but there was just not enough to be able to capture a good image. Relating this to other artists, it would go with either storybooks or comic strips. Telling a story is not easy but artists that create images for books are very skilled.

Different Identities

The framing of these three images were determined because of the weird lighting that I had in the entire frame. Each one is cropped just around her body. The actual image has an entire white background but the light creates stripping across the photo. I tried to reduce the problem but I think I could do more. These images are about representing different identities that one person can take on. I wanted the background to be plain so that the identity she was taking on was what the viewer would look at the most. To create this image I used a bright light shining right in front straight onto a white background. I experimented where the light should be placed and since I only had one light in front was the best since I couldn’t block out shadows well. These images I think can relate to ad style photos. The scuba could be for an aquarium ad and I definitely think the winter wear could be a commercial ad for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment